Charles (Chuck), P.E. holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Florida and has been licensed in the State of Florida as a Professional Engineer since 1981. He is
also a state certified General Contractor and a state licensed Home Inspector and has over
35 years of experience involving heavy industrial, residential and commercial design and
As a forensic engineer, Mr. Keyser has experience involving water intrusion, wind and
storm evaluation, roofing failures, ceramic tile damage, mold, ground water, termite
damage, plumbing failures, lightning damage, sinkhole and ground settlement
investigations, Chinese drywall, swimming pool collapse, and fire damage. These
investigations involve building construction for code compliance as well as damages
resulting from inadequate building maintenance/neglect.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIOINS
- B.S. – Mechanical Engineering with Honors, University of Florida, 1975
- Registered Professional Engineer – PE 31496 since 1981
- State Certified General Contractor – CGC 037514 since 1987
- State Certified Home Inspector – HI 1897 since 2011
Omega Forensic Engineering, Inc. 2009 – Present; Senior Engineer and
Keyser Engineering & Inspections LLC, 2009 – Present; Principal
- Perform forensic building investigations for the insurance industry, wind mitigation, 4-point inspections and general home investigations. Evaluate commercial buildings to provide a baseline of condition prior to purchase or lease.
Keyco Construction, Inc., 1987 – Present; President and Owner
- Plan and supervise construction projects from initial project conception to project completion including building design, site planning, material specifications, cost estimation, contract negotiation and preparation, sub-contractor selection, and construction supervision. Projects include custom and production homes, office and church construction, building renovation and upgrades to meet current building codes.
Fairfax Associates, 1985 – 1994, Project Engineer
- Project manager coordinated and supervised all phases of land development including zoning, engineering design, permitting, cost estimation, project construction, and platting. Extensive experience in bid evaluation, contractor evaluation and selection, invoice approval, material purchasing, right-of-way negotiation and procurement, public relations, job economics, and construction supervision. Supervised and evaluated field personnel to assist them in planning their work schedules, setting priorities and solving problems. Communicated with various governmental agencies for compliance with regulations.
Kennedy Space Center, Florida – Rockwell International & Lockheed Space Operations,
1983 – 1985, Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Area Lead Engineer for the Shuttle Thermal Protection System. Developed procedures and resolved anomalies in the repair, replacement and inspection of thermal equipment.
DAVY McKee Corporation, Lakeland, FL; 1980 – 1982; Mechanical Design Engineer
- Performed mechanical design and equipment selection for the phosphate, petrochemical, synthetic fuels and power generation industries.
Chevron USA, Inc., New Orleans, LA., 1975 – 1980; Construction Engineer
- Responsible for design, construction and modifications of pipelines and oil and gas production facilities at marshland and offshore locations. Prepared sites for installation of drilling equipment for installation of new wells. Handled erosion control operations for Chevronat coastal, marshland and river locations.
- Project engineer for the Rigolets Production Facility. This was Chevron’s first production facility to produce oil & gas from a “sour gas” field at an offshore location. New techniques and facility designs were developed during this project that would apply to future projects.
NASA, Kennedy Space Center, FL, 1972 – 1974, Engineer-in-Training, Cooperative
- Served on committee to review and revise State of Florida septic rules and regulations.
- Served as lone builder representative on committee to streamline Polk County’s building permitting process.
- Served on Polk County Builder’s Association Board of Directors, Builders Liaison Committee, and Governmental Affairs Committee.
CHARITABLE AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Haiti Earthquake Building Evaluation – 2010. Evaluated hospital buildings for structural damage from earthquake.
- Guatemala Construction – 2005 – 2009. Designed buildings, estimated costs, trained workers, procured equipment, scheduled work and supervised construction. Built 28 houses and 1 school building during 6 trips using teenage boys from the Teen Challenge program. Work sites included small villages outside Guatemala City and in rainforest in northern Guatemala.
- Auburndale High School, Auburndale, FL – 2004 – 2006. Served as sponsor for Future Builders of America program.
TRIAL & DEPOSITION TESTIMONY OF CHARLES R. KEYSER, P.E.
- Ronnie E. and Theresa Lynn Hedrick v. Darley L. Bennett
Darley Bennett DBA Family Construction
Residential Improper Workmanship Damages
Benjamin W. Hardin, Jr., Esq. (for defendant)
Hardin & Associates, P.A., Lakeland, FL
Deposition Testimony 9/28/2001
Trial Testimony 9/29/2001
Case No.: 2001CA003626
- Diana Ferro v. People’s Trust
Residential Moisture Damage to Natural Stone Tile
William J. Karoly, Jr. Esq. (for defendant)
Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A., Plantation, FL
Deposition Testimony 1/6/2012
Case No.: CFL09000901
- Anthony Chetta v. United Property & Casualty Insurance Company
Residential Tile Damage
Christina Fears, Esq. (defendant)
Deposition Testimony 4/13/2012
Case No.: 11-2266-CA
- John and Deana Sorgenfrei v. Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
Collapsed Concrete Deck on Condominium
Stephen F. Radford, Jr., Esq. (for defendant)
Pratt & Radford, P.L.
Site Inspection and Report 10/12/2012
Case No.: 05-2011-CA-46298