Mr. Loomis is a graduate of the University of Kansas with a B.S. in Architectural Engineering. Mr. Loomis’s background includes the structural design of commercial and residential construction, as well as the preparation of structural construction documents. He has extensive experience designing concrete, steel, wood and masonry systems, combined with field experience performing inspections and material testing services. He has worked closely with architectural and engineering professionals and building contractors to find creative and efficient engineering solutions within the building industry.
Mr. Loomis has applied this practical experience in the evaluation of construction defect evaluations and a variety of forensic engineering investigations, including damage from hurricanes, fires, foundation settlement and construction vibration. He has also investigated the cause and origin of structural failures, water damage, roof damage, and damage to wood, stone and ceramic tile floor systems.
- B.S. – Architectural Engineering – University of Kansas
- Registered Professional Engineer – Florida
- Registered Civil Engineer – Nevada and California
- Omega Forensic Engineering, Inc. – Senior Engineer (2009 – Present )
- Loomis Engineering, Inc. – President (2008 – Present)
- Bryntesen Structural Engineers, Inc. – Project Engineer (2006 – 2011)
- Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc. – Consultant (2001 – 2006)
- GHA Consulting Engineers, Inc. – Design Engineer (1997 – 2001)
- Professional Engineering and Inspection Company, Inc. – Field Engineer (1995 – 1997)