Structural Engineer with extensive Forensic Investigative experience and nearly 20 years of Structural Design Consulting and Project management, consisting of a wide range of structure types including Hurricane Shelters, Office Buildings, Box Stores, Marine Berths, University Gymnasiums, City Water Resources Centers, Condominiums, Parking Garages, Schools, and many others. Geotechnical Engineering experience with Retaining Walls, Grade Beams, Matt Foundations, Shallow Foundations, and Deep Foundations such as Caissons and Pilings.
OMEGA FORENSIC ENGINEERING, INC., 2015 – Present, (Forensic Engineer)
- Performs forensic evaluations of buildings and structures to evaluate cause and origin of distressed conditions.
- Evaluations typically include inspections, documentation, and engineering reports.
TAMPA PORT AUTHORITY, 2011 – Present, (Stuctural Engineer/ Project Manager)
- As Primary Internal Structural Engineer generate both Repair and New Construction Designs.
- Provide supervision and Leadership to Survey Personal, Draftsman, Inspectors, and other Engineers.
- Provide Structural assessment of Ports Structural assets and determine required maintenance and repair procedures to ensure design life of Structures.
- As Project Manager, provide management of Large Capital Projects and Operational Expense Projects.
- Pull Permits with the appropriate authorities. Generate Work Orders containing the appropriate scope of work.
- Consult with Design Professionals to ensure both end user and Ports requirements are met.
- Generate Bid Documents to ensure the correct quantities and construction items are provided.
- Perform Inspections to ensure construction meets all specifications and construction documents.
WEBER AND TINNEN STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS, 2005 – 2011, (Structural Engineer)
- Acted as Design Consultant on a vast variety of Structures.
- Developed, reviewed , and updated specifications on a job-by-job basis.
- Created design and development drawings based on Architectural drawings.
- Perform analysis using 3d modeling software, including Bentley and Risa software series.
- Designed Reinforced Concrete, Masonry, Structural Steel and Timber to meet all current design standards, practices and codes.
- Produced and reviewed construction contract documents on schedule and within project budget.
- Reviewed shop drawings, manufactures submittals, and answered all field related questions and RFI’s.
- As Special Inspector, performed Threshold Inspections on structures with a significant risk to life. Observed, inspected, and supervised every structural aspect of the construction, to include all elements of the Main Wind Force Resisting System and Components and Cladding. Provided a full detailed report on items observed after every inspection.
- Involved in the construction process from foundation to completion and resolution of all field issues.
BLAIR & COMPANY, 2002 – 2006, (Project Manager)
- Responsible for planning, design, construction and direction of all key aspects of projects. Coordinate planning, design, cost-engineering, construction, and environmental impacts for High End Residential projects. Control and manage the project budgets and schedules, assuring that the customers requirements are met. Oversee every aspect of project to ensure all local, state, and federal codes are met or exceeded. In charge of quality control and safety, to include sub-contractors, manufacturer and local labor.
ACCREDITATIONS AND AWARDS
- Professional Engineer
- Special Inspector
- Army Achievement Medal
- Nato Medal Yugoslavia
- Nato Medal Kosovo
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
University of South Florida, Tampa (May 2006)
Capstone – Structural Engineering